Tuesday, September 1, 2020

August 2020 Challenge: "Not New England"



"Cantina El Gato in San Miguel de Allende" 20x16, Acrylic by Kelley MacDonald While I love New England, another place outside of the States that I love, love, love is San Miguel de Allende in Mexico. Paula Villanova and I were all set to lead a painting workshop there in February 2021. Sadly we have had to postpone it due to the pandemic. It a beautiful place where color, light and history, combined with kind Mexicans and beautiful things to look at are the inspiration for artists of all kinds.


 
"In Vietnam" by Pam Copeman 4 1/2" x6" watercolor
When I traveled to Vietnam, everything I experienced was so different in color, taste, and vistas and I thought this altar was perfect for this challenge.


"Walk of Fame" 20"x20" Acrylic by Paula Villanova
Hollywood is SO not New England! It's fun for a change of pace though.


"St. Croix" 14"X18" Acrylic by Victoria Chesley Brega 
A view from a lovely coastal restaurant on the first night of my first visit to beautiful St. Croix


"New Mexico Building" 6"x6" Oil by Margaret Farrell Bruno 
A beautiful stone mason building from a trip to New Mexico


“Celtic Cross”  7x9 Sketchbook Watercolor bu Mary Sheehan Winn
I took this photo in a cemetery in New Brunswick, Canada in 2017 on the way to participate in the first annual Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival. I love cemeteries for their peaceful settings, ornate monuments and of course, their stories.


WIP (work in progress) 6x12 oil by Jeanne MacFarland




"Old Town", 8x12 inches, Acrylic, by Page Railsback


"Baltimore Water Taxi" 11x14 mixed media by Sally Dean Mello
I found a sketch from 2018 when I was in Baltimore.  Painted from that sketch!
 
 
"Reading Room" 15 x 15 oil on board by Jody Regan 
The New York Public Library in Bryant Park is housed in the stunning 
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building. a beaux-arts masterpiece. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

February Challenge: "Norwell"

"Winter" 12x8 inches by Page Railsback "Flower Farm Greenhouse" 9"X12" oil by Margaret Farrell Bruno The beaut...