Tuesday, November 1, 2022

October 2022 Challenge: "Story"

"Rapt" 10x10 Acrylic by Kelley Carey MacDonald
All my life, I have been an avid reader.  I think it is because I loved the time sitting on my Dad's lap as he read to me.  As I grew, books were a reward for good behavior, good grades, etc.  Really, other than painting, is there anything better than a good book?


"A World Within" 4x6 gouache by Jeanne MacFarland



"Sydney's Lesson" Pastel painting by Margaret Farrell Bruno
Every picture tells a story, don't it?


 
“There’s A Story Here Somewhere”
9x12 Watercolor Collage by Mary Sheehan Winn
This collage evolved from some random non dominant hand writing I did in my sketchbook. 
I added the boxes over the text and worked from there, finally using Transparent Mixing White 
(who knew?) to paint over the text that was outside the margins, just to push it back a bit.
 Collage art is subject to change so I may add to this story and I may not.



“One Last Paddle”  12”x16” Acrylic by Victoria Chesley Brega   
“Part of the ritual of closing up our Dolloff camp in Maine for the Winter…”


"The Story," 8x8 Acrylic by Page Pearson Railsback



"Story" 12x16 Acrylic with Gold, by Pamela Copeman
If this Dining Room Table could speak it would tell my Story. All of the laughter, dinners, love and conversations shared. All of the memories created and all my family and friends who have gathered around to simply be together.
 
"Love Story" 9 x 12 acrylic by Jody Regan.  My daughter was maid-of-honor in a friend's wedding this summer.  She asked me to create a painting of their wedding dance.  I stepped through a video of them dancing and found a frame with this gaze of true love.  It tells the whole story.   


 


"What's the story?" 
72"x48" acrylic on canvas by Sally Dean
I don't know even yet what the story is !
- its a work in progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024 Challenge: "Space"

"Space And Time" 16x16 inches, mixed media on gallery wrapped canvas by Kelley Carey MacDonald This one has lots and lots of layer...