Monday, July 1, 2024

June 2024 Challenge: Favorites From Our Archives. Celebrating 15 years of GirlsJustWannaPaint!!!!

 We never dreamed that this group would still be working together, painting and posting on this blog when we started in 2009!  We have all had both blessings and distress in our lives, but painting has been the thread that binds us together.  Here's to many more memories!

Right now our work is hanging in the James Library & Arts Center in Norwell, MA, and we would love to have you visit and let us know (comments here, a guestbook at the show or however you like) how the show makes you feel!  Thank you for all your support through the years, we appreciate every single one o you!


"Inspirational", 20x30 Oil, by Kelley Carey MacDonald
This painting is sold and hanging in a beloved friend's daughter's house.  I love skies and sunsets in particular... they make me feel at one with the universe for some reason.  I always find peace.  I used to live in a place with this sunset, in a different version, every night.  I felt very blessed for that reason.



"Still Life With Lilacs", 12x12 oil, by Jeanne MacFarland



"Beauty", Klimptesque gold leaf and oil by Pamela Copeman
A favorite!


                                                       Art school Drawing- 1981-by Sally Dean
 When I was at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston I mostly drew- and would teeter on abstraction . I loved charcoal and seeing this makes me want to revisit drawing!



“Holy Cow”   9” x 7”   Acrylic by Tori Chesley Brega
“ I have always enjoyed painting cows, and this is the first in the series of the Holy variety…”




"End Of Day, Yosemite"  24"X30" Oil by Margaret Farrell Bruno
"Yosemite holds a special place in my heart with its majestic landscape 
and also being with my whole family and sharing its beauty."



"That's Entertainment" oil 16 x 12 - by Jody Regan. the North River Arts Festival happens every Memorial Day weekend.  I paint on the street and love this slice of American pie; music, friends, family, art, joy.  This painting was selected as the Festival poster in 2011; exactly twenty years after my Mom, Joanne Regan, painted the festival poster.  There is tradition, legacy, and a little melancholy that my mom wasn't around to share the moment.  




“Stonington Cove” 12x16 oil on panel by Mary Sheehan Winn
I’ve never duplicated the deliberate brushwork I used in this painting of a lone sailboat in Maine. I love everything about this painting. It exceeded my expectations, won a prize and I wish I hadn’t sold it. But, that’s how it goes in the world of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 2024 Challenge: Favorites From Our Archives. Celebrating 15 years of GirlsJustWannaPaint!!!!

 We never dreamed that this group would still be working together, painting and posting on this blog when we started in 2009!  We have all h...