Tuesday, October 1, 2024

September 2024 Challenge: "Home"

"My Porch", 12x12 Acrylic by Kelley Carey MacDonald
My favorite thing about my home is my porch garden.  I milk it along till late fall, and the collection of geraniums I keep from year to year seem to love this time of year the best.

 
.

 

"Marshes and Blue Skies" 6X12 gouache  by Jeanne MacFarland


 

. I

 “Bringing it Home”

6x6 Watercolor by Mary Sheehan Winn

My Summer Sketchbook

I was so lucky to take a drawing and writing workshop with Nick Flynn and Mark Adams at Castle Hill in Truro last August- we sketched a lot in walnut ink and pen, and when I returned I continued - I filled a water brush pen with the walnut ink and love the fluid quality of the stroke- and inspired by the drawings of Van Gogh- I'm using line and mark making in a whole new way! These scenes are all close to home.

pages of my sketchbook- by Sally Dean


Mordecai Lincoln Home 

This house and property in Scituate MA was owned by Mordecai Lincoln, Sr. who was Abraham Lincoln’s great, great, great Grandfather. It is now owned by the town through the Preservation fund. There are also trails to walk on the property. The group I plein air paint with painted there recently. 

"Yellow Roses" oil 36 x 18 by Jody Regan
Our farmer's porch is a little slice of 3-season heaven. I love sitting there, watching the sun cross the yard while the birds visit.   Every time I come home, I look forward to the time I spend there.  These cut flowers greeted my this past week.  

"Coming Home" 5 x 7 watercolor by Pamela Copeman






No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024 Challenge: "Home"

"My Porch", 12x12 Acrylic by Kelley Carey MacDonald My favorite thing about my home is my porch garden.  I milk it along till late...