Friday, November 1, 2019

October 2019 Challenge: "October Skies"

"October Pit Stop" by Paula Villanova Acrylic

Longfellow in October 16 x 12 oil by Jody Regan
I love the Charles River as it wends through Boston.  The Longfellow Bridge sparkles in the fall afternoon, framed by the Storrow Drive footbridge.


Serene Sunset by Pamela Copeman Oil on Panel
12"x12"
I am always drawn to a view outside a window. When I was a young girl, my parents never entertained and one night the neighbors across the street had a big party. I sat at my window and loved observing the laughter, the dresses and the love. Mrs. Holt came to close her shutters and caught me peeking, she waved to me and left the shutters open so I could see what a party was all about.
This is an image from one of my collectors and I adore this Room  with  View.


"Looking Up", 5x5 inch Gouache on Paper by Kelley MacDonald
Someday I'm going to trip and break something on my morning walks with Paco.  Our path is beneath city trees which grace us with brilliant color - thank you to those who choose them - orange, yellow, red, gold, bright green, the start contrast with the October blue skies hold me in a thrall. 




"Rocktober", 10x10" Acrylic by Page Railsback


"Early October" 6x12 oil by Jeanne MacFarland



"Moon Rising" 18"x24" oil painting by Margaret Farrell Bruno
In October, the beaches become a quiet place. Often at the end of the day, they become peaceful and calm. A perfect time for the moon to gently rise. 



Grey Start to October  8"x8" oil


October Mist 16"x20" acrylic by Victoria Chesley Brega There is an enchanting mist that rises off the lake in the early mornings of fall; Water still warm and the air is cool. I experimented with stumbling layers of glaze.


Desert Sky" 4x4 inches Watercolor and ink, by Mary Sheehan Winn
Done from my trip to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024 Challenge: "Space"

"Space And Time" 16x16 inches, mixed media on gallery wrapped canvas by Kelley Carey MacDonald This one has lots and lots of layer...