Thursday, September 1, 2022

August 2022 Challenge: "Two Roads Diverged In A Wood, And I - I Took The One Less Traveled By, And That Has Made All The Difference"

 

                        "I Chose the One Less Followed and That Has Made All the Difference"                                                by Pamela Copeman, Acrylic, 8"x10"



"Bangs or No Bangs? I Just Don't Know" 
9"x12" Concept Drawing in Acrylic Gouache on paper by Paula Villanova
Sometimes I approach a decision on what to request for a haircut like I'm preparing for a G7 summit. I usually go with whatever's easiest, but sometimes I think I'll "have a little fun" and shake it up. I mean, it grows back, right?


“Which Way Should I Go?” 12”x15” 
mixed media on watercolor paper
Every single decision we make changes the direction of our lives. It’s just that simple. 
I’m lately working in various genres of art. Some traditional and some experimental. This is a multilayered piece including crayon, paint, and gelli printed papers. For a traditional painter like myself it’s a constant struggle to cover up elements and make changes, or to know if it’s finished. 
I’ll let the viewer decide.


"Two Roads Diverged In The Yellow Wood", 12x12 Acrylic by Kelley Carey MacDonald
Mixing it up a little, I applied paint in an untraditional (for me) way.  I smeared with paper towels, scraped on with palette knives and used paint markers as well as used my brush.  For me, right now, as a painter, I refuse to be pigeonholed: Traditional Painter or Abstract Painter - as my Hero, Theresa Girard says "I AM A PAINTER!". So after the general paint was applied I went in with paint pens and let the lines rip.  I chose the path that is not the 'usual'.... and I guess that has made all the difference?  I love the excitement of the lines here!



"California One" 4x6 gouache by Jeanne MacFarland
Still hoping one day to drive the Pacific Coast Highway
 
"Flying High" 36"x36" by Page Pearson Railsback
 
 
"Turning Point"  14 x 10 gouache by Jody Regan. Years ago, sitting on the stairs in my mother's hall, I accepted a job interview for the next day.  That phone call changed the course of my life.  Sometimes the small choices make the big difference. 


 
Two Trees , watercolor, by Sally Dean
We recently had to cut down  some giant trees in our yard that. They were huge - one hiickory was leaning toward the house, another oak was totally hollow and a hazard. There were two more we considered removing, but in the end we decided to keep them both. I cant help but feel that they are stronger as a pair. Maybe sometimes no decision is the right one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

February Challenge: "Norwell"

"Winter" 12x8 inches by Page Railsback "Flower Farm Greenhouse" 9"X12" oil by Margaret Farrell Bruno The beaut...